Thursday, January 1, 2015

Relearning to walk update


My home is still  wheelchair free. I do bring a kitchen  chair over to load/unload the dishwasher and am working on bending over to pick things up,walking without a cane, and overall balance at therapy at Neuroworx.
I am excited about my progress. I still use my wheelchair at church and at the kids school. So, that's twice a week. It is interesting to me that when I sit down in it, it feels foreign. I never thought that would ever happen.CHAMPION indeedy.
In my getting around my home, I've found that if I can get my feet to point in the right direction before I start walking, I have more success with my balance."Start at the very begining" Curtis, "A very good place to start." I try to make my Saturdays, steppin' Saturdays and not use my cane.
I was excited to see my older brother and his family over the Christmas break. Last year. I cannot believe how much their 5 kids grow in six to eight months, we usually see them for Christmas and in the Summer. Shannon, my sister in law is always so kind to tell me about the progress she sees in me.  It's hard for me to see my progress as I have "pie in the sky" hopes and goals, that coupled with my all or nothing thinking and i'm prone to discouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment