Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Life's simple,

At least the answers to life's hard questions are. I read 'Dad is Fat' by Jim Gaffigan. Thanks to it being recommended to me by my second cousins' husband. I love it and read it quickly,  staying up until 11pm to laugh out load. I text Lanea to have her tell Chris that I was enjoying it so and she text back, "Sometimes the heart needs a good laugh." I agree.
It was one of the books that became my gift of choice to others this year at Christmas. Nerdy, giving a book, but I loved the books that I got this year.
I saw my therapist Dr. Jeff Robinson  a few months ago and he gave me a calendar to chart my prayers, scripture reading, meditation, and visualizations of success. For the last one he used the story of a client who had a paper route and would say to himself, "Not in the bushes, not in the bushes!" and guess where he would end upthrowing the newspaper when he would say that to himself? it would go right into the bushes. I need to meditate and visualize my success. I watched a news story on the power of meditation. the report was on a school in California that had tried everything to help their students, but only found success, and were amazed at the impact, when they implemented having their students have 2 15mins of quiet time during the school day. The teachers thought that it was a joke at first. ready, (No joke) clear your mind and breath with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment