Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Magical Maddness at the Magical Kingdom

My parents decided that they wanted to take all their children and our families to Disneyland for Christmas this year. There were 29 of us, we were the line anywhere we went. here are my highlights:

Theme of trip:

"Believe" hoodies made by my sisters-in-laws, it was a good thing that we had them with all the rain that we got our first day there.
Importance to remember I have a habit of getting trapped into thinking that my now is the only thing that exists, sometimes this is a good thing, very Zen-like. way to live, but other times the pendulum swings to a bogged down despair. I thought as I was enjoying my vacation with my family, if only I can keep all of this in my memory to be able to use in those times of despair and drudgery in the mundane, things would work out for me.Matt ad I were talking about how, now that we're home, it all seems like a dream

Pesonal Goal:

Survive and not go over a curb in my wheelchair, Just as important and contributing to my survival,not to ride  I't a small World.


I am a T shirt junkie, so here are my favorites:

1.The Genie from Aladin, I'm here. So, what are your other two wishes?(This is the one Lex bought for me)
2.Darth Vader on the dumbo ride
3. The Dopey in you brings out the Grumpy in me

A "bloopers" reel (what's a vacation without a few?):
Getting on cars with Jake, I fell when he tried to help me get into the ride. I am alright, but felt bad that it append to my new brother in law. Don't feel bad Jake because before that Lacer let me run into a handrail while she was pushing me down hill.

Transfer on STAR TOURS with Dr. Neal & cars with Pa
Loosing Jammin Jay at the airport


A Lesson to teach( Because I am a parent):

Waiting on the plane home & at Disneyland for rides, made me proud to be teaching them that somethings in life are better because you get to wait for them first.(I'll get off my instant-gratification is ruining our kids soap-box now)


                                                                 Memorable Quotes:

My Lacer, who is a 3rd grade teacher couldn't let it go, of all her teacher genes even while on vacation Now boys & girls! 
Also from my Lacer,"No one wants to ride with me!"
Coleman, "Dad ruined ALL my plans. I wanted  to be a JEDI!"
Blake on Pirates of the Caribbean, In response to one of the kids asking,"are there more dead people?" He said," No, there's only real people, well fake real people." once a lawyer, always a lawyer, even on vacation.
Max after  the longest line that we waited in for the Peterpan ride said, "That was it?!"
Coleman riding the buzzlight year ride and spinning grandma.
Shannon telling Kevin and Heather not to takeout on the Indianna Jones ride. Me telling Jake thanks for not making out with me. Him not wanting to respond with "my pleasure."
Pa sitting and eating lunch by himself. He just needs some time alone.
Amers and I teasing each other about who's waiting for who.

Asking Pa how my boys slept, "Max was out but Cole wouldn't leave him alone, he was wired". welcome to my life my Pa, no different than any other day
Coleman waking up the first night, running out in the morning looking for Max and Abby and me yelling for Abby to help me find him, but she was with grandma and grandpa.
My Pa,:Disneyland is the only place that's the happiest place on earth that you can go to hell too."
Maxwell fighting Darth Vader made the whole trip worth it:
Amyer laughed so hard that she was crying.It was his life-long dream come true, it's a good thing that he's only 6.Because it was already too long of a wait to be able to live his dream. My Pa keeps saying that we have a good actor on our hands. I agree and don't think that they could've scripted this any better, but I am biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment