Friday, September 25, 2015

Knit-picky progress(TgIF #4)

My last physical therapy session with my President Pa Baugh, I was able to work with a student at Neuroworx,  James who is a pleasant chap from England, and I notice that we were working on little, nitty-gritty things, like hip placement for weight shift on my left side, and I thought how far I have come , which excited me, yet I'm still frustrated at how far I still need to go, but that's just the recovering perfectionist in me.
Here's my grattitude list this week:
Answers to prayers at stake conference, post in the works.
Being sick so that I know to be grateful when I'm not.
My BFF as my Pa, we still go every Thursday morning to Neuroworx.
Sam, a student seeing me and telling me the progress he sees. I worked with him 4 years ago.
Laura Bigler, our home teacher's wife mowing our lawn with her son. I've got the best looking yard on the street. Thanks also to Joe Fernandez for organizing my old Elder's Quorum president and Bishop from West Jordan, to come on a Saturday and weed, remove a gable and repair the railroad ties on my terraced garden.
My redicovered massagechair, how have I surrvived with out you?
Weekly addiction recovery meetings and the missionaries there encouraging me to become a facilitator.
Opportunity to HT with President Myers & his friendship. I joke with him that I'm his "project," but he reassures me that I'm likeable and helps me to fight my cabin fever with luch dates every week.
My Amers time, dropping off Coleman to preschool and slurpee run still, even though her Jaylee is in kindergarten now.
Wednesday pizza night and catch up chat with my Mommsy.
Riding paratransit to drop off Coleman to preschool,he being so excited that I told him that it was better than a ride at Disneyland and he believed it! He turned,looked at me and said, "yeah,  Abby and Max will be  so sad that they didn't get to come."
He woke up this morning so excited that he was going to preschool and was hoping that we would ride the bus again with me.
We had quite the adventure together. There's a learning curve with everything. I discovered that you can't just drop someone off, that there is a hour limit before they come back to pick me up. I'm grateful that I was able to have this test run with an enthusiastic Coleman, that it wasn't freezing cold outside, and that Ms. Jani, his preschool teacher, allowed me to stay and teach the kids Spanish until my pickup time. A win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment