Monday, July 6, 2015

Text-aholic help

Another CHAMPION app: LDS texts  Hello, my name is Curtis Baugh and I am a texting addict. I just sent a few and I cannot stop. I'm practicing for my first AA group tonight. I'm nervous, but need help.
My Bishop helped me in my Sunday School class a few weeks ago, I teach the 14 to 18 year olds, and he told them that he got 10x texts from me every week. He shared this as he taught about how I'm an endeared friend of his, now that we are frequently in contact with each other. He compaired this to our need to endear ourselves to the scriptures.I laughed and told them all that I'm a high maintenance friend. My team teacher Connor Christensen joked with me at the end of class that he only got two to three texts from me in a week?! My come back was that he knew where he stood now on my friendship totem pole texting list.
I do better with parameters,  like my twin bro Matthew asked me not to text before 5AM, I won't text my sister Amyers or my Mommsy before 10 and my friend Shane Myers, I almost scared away when he was made my EQ President, but now that we chatted about how many texts are appropriate per day.
There are somethings that get lost in text-ation. Lex has to remind me that although she's known me and gets my sense of humor, I should choose to communicate that in person rather than via text.

A few months back we had an Elder's Quorum lesson on prayer and the billions of dollars that are spent on communication.  I love my Heavenly Father and am grateful for His love..

No comments:

Post a Comment