Saturday, July 4, 2015

Freedom

On this Veteran's Day I am grateful for the price paid for my every day freedoms.
I choose. I am responsible for my choices. I remember reading  "The 7 Tipping Points That Changed The World" a few years ago, and realizing the significance of the every day freedom that has become mundane to me.
We watched the movie "McFarland"
at my inlaws on the 4th of July and I cried at the second-rateness of the treatment of the Latin American people. I love them and am grateful for their cultural influence on me and the world, their infulence of importance of family, love of others and strength of character.
In my freedom post, I'm thinking of Brave Heart. On my mission, in my last area of Tocapilla, I was adopted by hermana yenny and Lucho. They understood my sarcastic sense of humor. Hermana Yenny always had the biggest smile on her face. One time it was even larger than normal as she greeted us with, "FREEDOM!" She had just watched Brave Heart.
I am grateful for the freedom that is offered to me by my Savior Jesus Christ and His infinite atonement. I know that through him, despite my unworthiness in my struggling that I will become  whole and free from the bondage of sin and sorrow. He is my hope today and every day. I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment