Monday, February 16, 2015

What I Wanted to Say in My Story Video


Peta, the author who read my blog and contacted me to do the video piece for her exhibit on distracted driving, Exit By Text sent me a list of questions that she wanted me to answer on the video. I wrote them down, but they didn't come across completely, but I am a recovering perfectionist.She emailed me and underlined here are those responses that I attempted to convey.
Some of the questions I’d like to ask you in the interview (I won’t be on the video, just you) include the following:
  1. ·         What lead up to the accident?
  •  it was a normal Sunday
  1. What do you remember from it or know about it?
  2. My first memory of after the accident or bump as we call itbwith my kiddos is my mom stranding over me making vowel sounds.
  3. What were you doing in your life at the time prior to the accident?
    was fiercely independent,  living 100 miles a minute: with full time school, a full time job, training for half marathons
  4. How has it altered your perspective on life, being a dad…?
    • My kids saved & save me, not the other way aroundWatching Abby wake up one morning, getting Maxwell out of bed now.
  1. ·         If you met the young woman who ran into you today, what would you say to her?
    • It's not your fault, I don't blame you. Live & learn from the past, don't let it hold you hostage.From A Touch of Wonder, change if only to next time. From a thought by pres. Monson,
  1. ·         You could be bitter, why aren’t you?
  • It's not noble, it's selfish,  I have enough on my plate as it isx being bitter could send me over the edge of depression
  1. ·         How did the accident affect your body and brain?
  • Humor me, i'm a Psych undergraduate B.S. Degree holder from the U of U. My right side of the brain was damagedx so my left side of my body is effected with paralysis, i've been told that I present like a person who has had a stroke, with the accompanying effect of left side neglect. Meet George & Bob
  • My progress in rehabilitation is how Dale Hull, the founder of Neuroworx put it, glacerly slow. Others see the big chunks fall off, but I feel every inch of grauting progress forwaed.

·         How do you explain to your children what dad can and cannot do?
  • Focus on what I can do, i'm not in a hospital bed or gone all day at work or school
  1. ·         Tell me why you respond “CHAMPION” when people ask you how you are doing?
  • Over 10 years ago Brother Grossen, one of my LDS seminary teachers in High school taught a lesson asking us why if we knew what we know we didn't respond with CHAMPION when we're asked how we're doing. I'm just now catching on. I want my   Kids to know that they can do hard things

No comments:

Post a Comment