Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My 2015 New Year's Goals Review:


I cannot remember where I heard it, I think that it might have been on a Dr. Oz episode, but was appalled when I found that by the end of February, a mere two months into the new year, that most people have forgotten and, or given up their New Year’s resolutions. This is my attempt to keep mine alive.
My wheelchair free year isn’t as free as it could be, but it’s a step in the right direction, freer than 2014. I’ve used it at the school on Tuesdays, but did walk during their jump-a-thon and at church for the past two weeks. One day out of seven isn't to shabby.On President’s day Lex used her day off to help me get it repaired; with a new axel, a casualty of our Disneyland trip with new tires and bearings too. When I had Cole-Cole home sick with me the other day we went to feed the ducks at the parkway near our house and it felt like s new chair.
Getting back to the temple, have you ever felt close, yet so far away from something at the same time? As a “recovering perfectionist” a term I get from the book, Am I a Saint Yet? I understand that I’m a work in progress. I will get there and am excited for the desire of my heart to be evident in my life.
I told my Pa that I need to schedule a time with him to come and spot me while I walk over to his home sometime this year. He smiled and said, Sometime this year? Sometime this month! He then told me that I could just walk home with him an my kiddos from church on Sunday, but after walking in church and teaching a Sunday School lesson every other week to the youth, I'm mentally not up for the marathon quite yet.
I added the goal of using George, my left hand, more, specifically to turn on and off light switches. Lex laughed at/with me a few weeks ago as she watched me attempt to do this, but kept turning the light back on right after I’d turned it off. Frustrating and rewarding. At times I’ll forget after reaching with my right hand, only to notice that the light is already on or off. I’ll flip it back to what it was before my overly anxious right hand beat George to it and do it again with my left hand.
I remembered the other goal that I had was to start to do presentation on distracted driving. I've been given permission to use the video that was done as a PR promotional piece, so please contact me if there are any takers. I still believe that if there is anything good that can come from the accident. I want to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment