Saturday, February 14, 2015

Environmental Psychology

was the name of one of the classes that I took up at the U of U for my BS degree. I remember that before I decided to drop the class, it conflicted with another one that I wanted to take, I went to a few lectures that were about how city planners, civic engineers and architects used shapes, Geometry and light to influence the feeling of a place.
One of mine and Lexy's friends heard about me being trapped at home and unable to drive myself, so she volunteered to come to my home once a week and bring her kids to play with mine and give me some adult conversation. Antoinette did this, she said because she had been on bed-rest for a few weeks and understood what it was like.
It was CHAMPION to have her over and I love the perspective she has on life. she is one of those positive people that enters a room and you feel of their energy, speaking of environmental psychology.
I would frantically attempt to clean up for her once a week visit. I told this to her and made a joke about how you need a room in your house that is kept clean for the Home and Visiting Teachers to come and sit down in once a month. Sh gave me a courtiousy laugh and told me that she tries to keep things clean because she noticed that she was less stressed in a clean environment.  Once again someone else is better able to put into words something that I have always felt, but didn't know exactly how to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment