Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BE A CHAMPION neighbor, like mine, Kermit Mckay

He is my best friend's father. He was always in scouting with us growing up. Janet, his wife taught us piano. in fact my first thought when we moved next door was, now my kiddos will have the same piano teacher as I did. Unfortunately she does not teach anymore.
He was excited for us to be neighbors and his house has the same floor plan as us. He takes care of us by cutting and watering our lawn, putting out our garbage cans. Set up our springling system
A few months ago, I ran into him at church and he mentioned to me that he had experienced a panic attack, so he decided to fix our mailbox for us. I want to be like him, when I get scared, I want to be the kind of person who thinks of others and looks for an opportunity to serve them. He mentioned that his health hasn't always been good, but that he has been able to deal with everything, but was scared of these new mental symptoms of aging. I told him that if he ever needed someone to chat with, that he's welcome to stop by anytime. He smiled, thanked me and told me that he didn't know how I do it.
Just this week I ran into Janet fertilizing her front lawn, she was laughing and said, look what Kerm has me doing, Curtis! I smiled and took a better look at Kerm, who had his right arm in a sling. He told me that he fell in January. The next day he ran an errand for me and was over taking a look at my doorbell to fix it. He got emotional when he told me that the worst part of being injured was that he couldn't help me. He then told me how grateful he is for the health that he does have. Again, he looked at me and mentioned how he admired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment