Friday, August 22, 2014

AKA, LOL


We had a Baugh family reunion this summer that was just down the street, at one of the pavilions on the Jordan River parkway, My Pa helped me to get myself and the two boys there, Abby and Lex were at Abby's rehearsal for her second musical that she is in this summer. I think she has caught the acting bug.It was a CHAMPION time for all and my cousin's daughter Miranda Seminario deiced to do face-painting. I couldn't resist to wait in line to get a pink and purpul butterfly with the word "DORK" written across my forehead, she made me promise to tell her parents that I had requested the word. She improvised when I told her that this was to make Abby even more jealous that she wasn't able to come, and added a big pink bow on the other side, to balance out the butterfly heavy one side of the job. By the way, Abby was heart broken that she missed it, but helped me clean up the next morning. Since she has had so much experience getting stage make up off. She is growing up way to fast.
At our first Uncle Mike & Aunt Sue-Sue's pool outing for the season, Coleman tried on every pair of goggles he could find and then got out of the pool only to pee on the cement before making it upstairs to the bathroom.I am wondering how many of my laughing/funny posts begin with something about my Coleito, I am sure they all contain at least one thing about him. while we were moving he found the Grinch movie and kept asking to watch "Crinch,"It took me a few days to figure that one out, but I still cannot correct him.It makes me giggle.
Coleman has picked up on catch phrases, such as, "Come On!" " Bada-Bing, Bada-Boom!"
My first thought, the morning after we had moved in with the Shaffers was a line from the movie Condorman;"I may never move again!"
Abby had a dance/music recital for a class that she does with her Aunt Lisa Noyes. She had practiced her song,'Happiness' fom, You'er a Good Man Charlie Brown for a few months and was super excited. When it was her turn the microphone that they had didn't have good batteries in in, so she sat there smiling while her music played and the tech crew ran around finding a new mic. I was so proud of her when they finally got one and handed it to her, she was composed enough to sing her heart out. I was so nervous that she would not be able to do it and get to scared and run of the stage at any moment, but she didin't, my little girl is growing up and the anxiety is pushing me to the edge!What am I going to do when she starts dating? Breath Curtis. that's not for another 8 years.
It is a running joke in my wife's family that her father is bald, one of her sister's friends-are you still with me? told her that," Your dad is handsome for a bald man." I almost stuck my foot in my mouth when I had the thought to tell him that we soon would be out of his hair.
Abby and her second cousin are two pea's in a pod, while at Sunday dinner they, Miranda and Abby were directing all of the cousins in their dress ups on the tramp. Miranda said, "Greetings to all the princesses, knights, and for the first time we have allowed ninjas."
Max, the ninja, taught himself to do a from flip on the tramp, while we were downstairs in our new home I asked him if Abby saw him do it. He excitedly told her that he could show her right there! I tried to stop him, but it was too late and he landed on his back in his attempt.
Unpacking thing in our new home is a new adventure, trying to find all the things that we know we have, somewhere. I have told my family members that it's like Christmas in July with a new home and getting all of the things that have been sitting in boxes for a month.
Lex watches me going up the stairs and tells me,"Should have had a V8 today."

No comments:

Post a Comment