Saturday, June 14, 2014

Dead ends

There are no such thing as 'quick fixes'  or free passes' to life's problems. One example, with regards to relearning to walk I have had the opportunity, twice,  to attend an in-service by a company that provides a device that helps to stimulate muscles use through electric jolts, It brings new meaning to  shock therapy -the opening scene from Ghost Busters flashes in my mind. At both meeting/trial runs, the provider assured me that the device would be "very helpful for my recovery, but that there would still be a considerable amount of work on my end." In the end, I consulted with my Physical Therapists and came to the conclusion that for now this was not something to invest in. Not, because it was going to require some effort, but because the amount of electric charge it took to break up my klonis and muscle tension was not worth it, let alone the cost of the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment