Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chistoso

Means funny in Spanish
Coleman got tired of sitting in church, wanted to play with a toy, and when he discovered that he forgot to bring one, decided to leave and go get one.When he got home, the doors were locked and Lex found him crying on the doorstep, "No one will let me in!They don't like me!"
I fear that I am more socially inept than ever. I cannot, nor do I wish to use my TBI as an excuse.The last time my older brother was in town he and his wife were asking me about how I was doing and they noticed the prism sticker on my glasses. In explaining to them I mentioned why the sticker was only on my left lens, not on both; my left eye makes up for the vision cut in the right, but I do not have a third eye to make it up for it in my left eye. Neal said, "Well that is dumb! why don't you grow another one?" I countered with, Why don't you grow some hair?! His wife laughed, so I thought I was safe.
While having Sunday dinner with the Baugh side of the family, my Uncle Mike told me that he thought of me while he was at the gym earlier in the week, when he put on something with the CHAMPION logo.
Abby is my cuddle bug and loves to come and crawl in bed with me, it stalls her from having to go to bed and gives her a bit longer to stretch and fully/properly wake up. I treasure these one-one moments with her. I get to tease her about any cute boys, or her latest Daughter of a DORK, she's my DD for short, moment(s). One morning her told me about her imaginary friend, Sophrina, who has long blond hair, is very good at math and has a list of favorite colors, surprisingly similar to hers.
At the first of the season, Jaylee's B-day swim party at Uncle Mike's, Matt and my Pa commented on how daredevish Maxwell has become, with him asking Matt to throw and flip him in the pool. I, of course took credit for the change, reminding them that I was home with him now and therefore he is under my continual careful care to do such things.
I come inside from a roll around the block to find Abby "brooming up" cereal spilled on the floor.

Maxwell fell asleep with me and woke himself up laughing by "fluffing," the word we use instead of "fart."
Max is figuring his world out, always asking questions like, "Dad, why do roadrunners not have brains? What is 23+52?
Matt and Jen gave me a tshirt with the word BAZINGA(inside joke for The Big Bang watchers) on the front and a yellow cap velcroed on the back. I especially like to wear it to therapy, where Mikey my therapist likes to come and hold the cape out while I walk around and any familyoutting, yesterday I accidentally tucked the cape into my pants after using the bathroom. While I was working up at KUED after my accident I would call Matt, who works across the golf/Frisbee golf course to come help make sure that I got my pants all the way over my left hip before leaving the bathroom, which was one of Lexy's concerns for me going back to work. One more wardrobe malfunction was that I put my t shirt that has DORK in bold red letters on the front on backwards while getting out of  Uncle Mike's pool, if only I could have claimed to have done it on purpose.
I am reading 'It is good to be alive.' by Jason Rushton. I had the upportunity of hearing him speak when he came and visited the rehab floor of the University of Utah while I was there. I love his sense of humor, on the inside of the bookcover is the expert from his book, "I always wanted to be the best at something and though that I could be the bestquadraplegic,but then Christopher Reeve broke his neck and I was competing with Superman!
On fathers day I was talking to my three kids and telling them that they are the best fathers day presents because they made me a father. Max piped up and said, "Abby and I made you a fatrher, Coleman made you a clown dad!" I am fine with that observation and am very much relieved that he didn't say a tyrant, which is what I feel that I have become at times as Mr. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment