Friday, April 25, 2014

Mission Memoires: Retun With Honor #8

I realized when Matthew called me and asked me about my last post on my mission, that I mentioned being a zone leader, this was something that I had not told him or my family. I hope that this does not come across as flaunting or boasting. I had a lot to learn and that gave the opportunity to serve and develop new talents that were unknown to me. I know that our Heavenly Father knows us better than we know ourselves, for He knew us before we came to this earth. He wants us to discover that and have faith in Him that the life circumstances that are ours will maximize our potential if we do.

When I got to Tocapilla, I met Luis Ossandon who picked me up from the train station. I love this man and his family, hermana Yenny, Diego, and Barbarita. They became my Family in Chile.
I also became a trainer in Tocapilla, in my mission lingo I had a son, Elder Torriani, more my brother that I still keep in contact with and give a hard time.He has taught me so much, first and foremost to love life and those you get to share it with. I thought that I would be able to teach him quite a bit about being a missionary. I still remember the first time that we went out tracting and he wasn't afraid to talk to anybody. The other Elders in the zone picked up on his fearlessness and asked him to come with them when we had a booth in the monthly market.When it was time for transfers, I would tell my mission president that I would love to stay in a companionship with Elder Torriani, but understood if he was needed elsewhere. I was able to finish out my mission with him.
one of the last discussions that we had was with a couple that he had met in the market. We had met them once before in their home, but were still getting to know them, we had not been there very long, when the husband remarked that he loved getting to know us, but would we pleas help them have the same feeling that they experienced the last time we were with them.They were beginning to recognize the Spirit in their life and wanted to have it with them as often as they could.
We were also able to tech our Mamita and one of her sons. she approached us after our lunch and asked us what was different about us? She said that she could tell that we loved what we were doing and that we loved eachother too. she wanted that for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment