Saturday, January 11, 2014

Autopilot

For walking or doing much in my life, does not exist anymore for me. I find that if I do not control my thoughts, they will control me, from depression and anxiety to wishing for world peace. I cannot help to reference 'Batman Forever' on my autopilot post .
I have taken the challenge, that I gave to myself, to give my yellow beauty of a wheelchair Christmas break off.I find that everyone has had those moments of driving and not knowing how they ended up where they were going or where they ended up. I do not have that luxury with walking let alone driving. My brain is on constant overdrive to coordinate the 'kenomatics' of walking, the correct movements and balance, from hitting your heel first and transferring weight on the foot to swinging your opposite arm with that movement. I tease my therapists, shocking I know, when they ask me to walk and give me a list of things to remember to focus on while doing it, that they should be asking me to learn to juggle while they are at it.
I got carried away and spent 21 days wheelchair free and was exhausted, but CHAMPION. I did get a open sore on my ankle from all the walking and am letting that heal before I go a round of time off for my wheelchair, I just asked my Abby what we should name my wheelchair. I thought that since my left arm and left leg have names from her I would not get to weird of a look from her. I was right, she came up with "Lucky." Lucky it is.
Now that I am using lucky today, I could use some mental energy and post here. I have missed this, but I am a DW

No comments:

Post a Comment