Friday, December 6, 2013

Musical moments of learning

A month of musicals:
Lex did her school's production of 'Bye, bye Birdie' and I loved seeing most of her students find themselves on stage and loving the thrill of preforming as she does. "Gifts are given to be given away"-The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Thank you Babe for shinning in your own performances and transfering that to your students as their director.  Brilantcy strikes again!
Lex and I went and saw HTC's production of 'Brigadoon.' Here are some of my moments that caused me to reflect on my own life:When the male lead discovers that he only appreciates something when it is gone, the fact that not everything in his life makes sense, and that love is the most important take home lesson.
Our Abby girl was in her school's production of 'HONK,' thanks to the family members who came and helped this not so shy girl's stage fright and longing to follow in her mom's footsteps to "break a leg" on stage. I loved Ugly's Different, the bullfrog's Warts and All, and Drake's Joys of Motherhood reprise, some how I could relate to all three of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment