Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Life’s Therapy on getting my talk on “remembering” ready:

So, I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting in July with my President Pa Baugh as his companion speaker. First off, I get my "gift of gab" from him(It's only a portion of what he's got). I was honored but intimidated because I know what goes into my Pa prepping to speak. I didn't want to let him down or look like an idiot. As always there's a story to go along with me and my talk:
• I Started out with the two quotes from Matt that he text to me when I told him of my predicament, but it was to short(My Pa kept insisting, or do we call that "ministering" now? ;p) that he'd help fill in the time, but needed something to work with), so I added "Yellow’s" story from a podcast that I’d been listening to.
• Next, I read it over and over again to my kiddos. I annoyed my Abbers even more by asking her to help me transcribe "Yellow’s" story.
• The day before, I wanted to read it through on paper to get the flipping of pages right. Yes, I'm still a recovering perfectionist. So, I had to ask Lex to help me print it because I am not tech savy. She had to save it to a USB and then connect that to our printer. Who would've thought?
• I wasn't even in the same ballpark as my President Pa Baugh, but as promised,
he made up for me going over my proposed time. Be careful what you ask me for.
• I gave my copy to GB(Grandma Baugh) because she ran up to me to ask for it after the meeting ended. Well, my Pa took it from her as I handed it to her, so that he’d have a copy to give to my Mommsy because she wasn't able to be there to hear us. But my Mommsy wanted me to read it to her a few days later when I walked over for a visit and she told me how proud it made Pa. That was a CHAMPION day.

No comments:

Post a Comment