Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Too chill

That is what my chill pill makes me. I started taking a medication that my neuro-doctor recommended  because I mentioned that I had noticed a change in my ability to I get in control of my frustrations. I've been the calm and collected one in our parenting with our kiddos and I found myself post-TBI with a shortened fuse, so to speak. I would fly into a rage, but on the meds, the pendulum was swung to the other side. I found myself in an avoidance state of mind and being, instead of engaging in life.
Thanks to my Lex who calls me out on this behavior and lovingly problem shoots with me. I have learned, by life experience to take it every other day, but am currently off of it all together. Somethings in life you just learn by trial and error.
So I am off it now. Here we go, I am no longer heavily medicated for your safety. I do remember a time when I would wake up to pain and immediately take pain meds to be able to catch my breath. I am glad to be alive and progressing, even if that makes it hit or miss posting on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment