Saturday, September 27, 2014

Under Construction

We are doing some renovations in our new home. Lex wanted to be an architect when she was growing up and can see rooms with potential and more importantly the steps to get them there. So we took the walls surrounding our stairs to half walls all the way around, It looks great, but is taking a bit longer than expected,
I have to keep reminding myself that I am a work in progress with my rehab. I watched part of PBS' documentary on FDR and liked something he said during one of his speeches during World War II, "We will have some loses before the victory."
The life lesson for me is that as I progress, There are more than two options of perfection or just giving up. In this months Ensign there is an article titled "Savor Every Moment In Life" where the author talks about her personal experience of not getting married when she thought she was going to. She recalls hearing a BYU devotional from Elder Jefferey R. Holland and his wife, who said, to not “march to an arbitrary drummer who seems to be beating a frenzied cadence to the passing years”1 and to trust in the timing of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment